What a cool game! Lots of great mechanical ideas in a concise and easy to read package. Very excited to try it out!
A downloadable game
Rogue Second Edition:
As if OSR & Storygames had a baby.
A while back, I wrote a game called Rogue. But then, that game levelled up. Now it's known as Rogue Second Edition. Our little game's all grown up and ready to play.
- Pick Lists, Not Stats: Rather than stats, players select a custom list of 12 actions that they can perform at any time.
- Automatic Successes: Performing actions from your pick list allows you to succeeed automatically, unless the GM issues a challenge.
- Real-Time Refreshes: You can overcome ANY challenge by using your character's personal Ace (a phrase detailing your character's core powers), which refreshes every 15 minutes in real-time.
- Crises, Not Hit Points: Rather than using abstract HP totals, PCs manage a list of crises, such as injury, exhaustion, and incapacitation. So long as they have less than four, they are alive.
- Hard & Soft Events: You can cause anything to happen at any time by using the GM Events table, and interpreting the results as you see fit.
- Intiative-less Combat: Combat is dynamic and relies upon the GM following the logical narrative flow, rather than an artificial turn-based system.
- Narrative-Based Monsters: Monsters are composed of a list of events, a list of overwhelming powers, and a list of weaknesses that can be exploited.
- Rulings, Not Rules: Everything from monsters to events to crises to situational bonuses and penalties is designed to provide maximum support for GMs interested in running the game with important OSR principles.
Sound good? Okay, let’s get started! Have fun!
(If you're interested, download the sheets! You'll definitely be able to get a feel for the game that way. If you like what you see, please consider buying!)
9447 words, 32 pages.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $6 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- SRD Created & Base Game Revised46 days ago